22.1.12

Changes 2.0

As you could read before, I was thinking about changing the project a bit. I love getting mail and everytime new envelope comes with the mail it makes me smile from ear to ear. But it's also getting a little busy to maintain so many contacts via mail.
Also, as a stationery lover, I'd love to swap packages. I have a lot of paper ephemera and creative supplies and I also love to make stationery myself. Wouldn't it be great if we could swap packages filled with little surprises and a letter? And just as a sole project, you send me something, and I send you something back. That's it!
It doesn't have to be expensive or a massive package, I'll give you some inspiration:

Photo by StudioMeez

Photo by Lisakinoo


As you can see, packages can contain lots of things. Tea, handmade things (handmade things are the best), stationery, maps, photos, quotes, postcards.. It's also nice to include something from where you live. I love traveling and everytime I get mail from a far away country filled with things typical for that place, it feels like I traveled a bit. 

I won't stop writing with the few I'm writing at the moment, but I also won't take new letter writing pen pals. Just packages swaps (which may include a letter, not neccessary) and just sole projects (unless we find out we're soulmates ;-)). 

Because I'm still busy and I want to try out this new project first, I start with inviting some people to join me in this project. If it all works out well, I'll open the contactform again. If you want to send in a pen pal call, you can contact me here.

15 comments:

Javiera said...

nice idea!

Tee said...

Lovely idea. I would love to do a swap package. I'm really jealous of the people who you are writing to now. I wanted to send you a letter earlier but missed the deadline :( Hopefully the package swap will open up that opportunity for me. Have a lovely day

Sewon said...

Hi Marlous! I'd love to exchange a little package with you sometime. <3

josianne said...

What a great idea! I'd love to swap packages with someone :)

Beatrycze said...

I sent you to meil "pen pal call." Did you get it?

Hugs.
Anna

James T. said...

Hi Marlous! I'd love to do a package swap! Let us know when it's starting. :)

Unknown said...

@ James: I wanted to send you an invite too, but I have no idea where I can contact you! Please leave me your email address!

@ Beatrycze hmm no I didn't get any mails!

@ Tee: I will open it op asap! I'm just so busy at the moment, so probably in 2/3 weeks.

James T. said...

Send me an email here: jobeltombado@yahoo.com

Also please, include your mailing address when you email me because I misplaced it. Thank you! :)

Laura said...

Leuk!
Hopelijk ga je snel weer open, want ik wil best ook wel iets swappen!

Nicole van Roekel said...

super leuk idee :) veel succes ermee! Ik ben ook inmiddels m'n eigen projectje begonnen, beetje met inspiratie van jou haha!
liefss

Beatrycze said...

Hmm. Maybe this is in "SPAM"?

Unknown said...

@ Beatrycze: nope I checked my spam box! Please contact me via my contact form on lastdaysofspringblog.com!

Beatrycze said...

Okay.:)

Maryel ♥ said...

Oh I love this project! I'm an italian girl and i'm almost 16 years old.Now that I discovered this project I decided to start it .. (I think that the appeal lacks only an Italian!Hahaha)

Kim said...

I recently discovered your blog and as sending and receiving mail is my no.1 hobby, I loved it immediately. I can't stop collecting things to use for mail so would love to make a little package for you and do a swap.. So I'll hang around and wait for the opening of the contact form!